Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Healthy Dessert Recipes: Cocoa Meringue Cookies

You have got to head over to Healthy Dessert Recipes!
I found her after she friended my blog on a blog hop! AND WOW WOW WOW! can I say that enough?? I mean really you have probably read about my son having a dairy allergy. He is 6 months old and I nurse him and still supplement with hypoallergenic formula. But the boy likes to BF. So I am dairy free. It can be tough because I Love sweets. Chocolate, cream cheese, ice cream, pot lucks- most of those are out of my reach right now. As is most foods since they usually contain butter, cheese, milk products of some sort. Even going to fast food is tough. But I have been lucky to have some nice treats. These cookies already jumped at me when I saw her page. She even has a video tutorial at the bottom of this post on her page. Please check it out. I can't wait to see what else she has on there.

 Cocoa Meringue Cookies



The kids will love these. Don't these look so light and delicious? And they're easy so to make. The cocoa merringue cookie that will satisfy your sweet tooth completely:

Ingredients:
•3 large egg whites
•1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
•1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
•3/4 cup granulated white sugar
•2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Preparation:
1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil. To start beat in egg whites with your cream of tartar on high speed until soft peaks form. Now slowly add your sugar and beat until peaks form. Blend in the vanilla extract and fold in the cocoa powder. Now drop dolops of the mixture all over your cookie sheet and bake for about 25-35 minutes or until meringues are firm and dry.

Then slide them onto wire racks to cool which will continue to firm them up. You can store them in an airtight container or plastic sealed bag to be served later if you'd like. Yum!

Thanks so much for leading me to your site ExJW33!

Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)