Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{Tiny Prints Event}



Ok I am super excited to tell you about this awesome Blogger event I was invited to by Mommy B (aka Jennifer) at www.mommybknowsbest.com. It was hosted at Fran's Filling Station off Park Rd in Charlotte. It was my first visit to Fran's and it was sure yummy. First off the appetizers- we got the bacon wrapped tater tots, the corn nuggets, and they were so good. But I will have to jump ahead to tell you about dessert. I got their peanut butter pie. Oh dear, that was sure good. I was torn though because the lemon marscapone cake sounded divine as well.  Back to the event, I met some great other bloggers that Mommy B will be sharing in pics on her site so I won't share everything right yet, but be sure to check out her blog for more details of that. We had Chris Garner of TPS Photography share with us some great tips on photography for bloggers and using the camera properly. He was very entertaining and is sending his power point and notes to us via email to make it simpler. He is having a special event with an awesome deal for your Christmas cards, so it also totally worked with our Tiny Prints event. Chris is an internationally certified professional photographer, only one of 42 in the state of NC. He also completely guarantees you will love your pictures or your money will be refunded. I will list more of his contact info at the bottom of this post.


So now I want to tell you about Tiny Prints

I had always known of Tiny Prints but mainly seen them as baby announcements. And therefore figured they also did many other types of cards. What I didn't know was that they also do gifts, favors, and photo books. One of the ones on display at our event was a Holiday cookbook that also showed these awesome ways to package things into gifts. I honestly could have swiped that book and brought it home with me.


I really fell in love with the planners they have available. They have weekly, monthly and wedding planners that you can personalize. see the details of it here

Be sure to check out their holiday line. There are some great ideas.

We had an swag bag ( eeeekkkk my first swag bag) and it looked like this.



We had samples of several card types, a set of Thank you notes, and a Free Photo book. Hmmm now what to use that for.......I can't decide.

 Thank you Tiny Prints and Jennifer!



But get this, I found an awesome idea that I am in LOVE with, and can just imagine several uses in decor and great ways/reasons to save some cards long term. You ready?





A Christmas card that is an ornament!! How sweet is that! You know what I pictured immediately? A 4 foot tree full of ornament photo Christmas cards! I can save ones of family and close friends over the years and even cut them into ornaments and put them up to show the kids growth over the years! I am definitely doing that this year!




Thanks for sticking with me through this post and I hope you found some things on Tiny Prints that you didn't know existed. I was very surprised at some of the options!

Some helpful links for you to check out by our wonderful hosts:



TPS Photography (Chris Garner): http://tpsphotography.com/Facebook



And some of the cool bloggers I met:




Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)