Monday, November 14, 2011

{Award-Winning}

I am so tickled this Monday morning. I have had an amazing weekend. I have met up with a great group of blogger moms that I happened to already know most of them. They have been so helpful in sharing information and tips and in sharing my blog. That is one of the things I love about blog world. People are SO very helpful. I feel like I have really only started on this journey, though I have been blogging since about 2008, I only got serious about it the end of last year. Blessed, purely blessed!

So I have had a lot of firsts, finding out about Twitter- yes I knew about it, but just didn't "get it" kwim? Triberr, Klout, and so many other forms of social media. I am already a TMN, FB and Google + girl, so its just learning to keep up with these other outlets. Blog Conferences- hoping to attend my first next year. Blog parties highlighting products- I attended my first hosted by Mommy B Knows Best, where I met a lot of other awesome local bloggers!

I am sorry if this is a bit rambly, but as a blogger just kinda starting out and starting to figure things out I wanted to be sure to pass on knowledge to others. One thing about bloggy moms is that someone helped them, and they will pass it on to help another! Who says our generation is only out for ourselves! I have met some of the nicest, most creative, wonderful people online. I think the internet has just expanded our availability to reach out to meet and learn from people!

Ok so the other thing I am So excited about- I just was awarded my first blog award! I have to say that I have envied those blogs with awards and secretly hoping to one day win one of my own lol. That sounds so silly right?! but I am about honesty.

So a Big Thank You to We Made That Blog
for the Sunshine Award:

The Sunshine Blog Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogosphere. To some it may not be a big deal, but well I am excited and proud.  Thank you so much for your support, it really does mean a lot!

Here are the rules for accepting this award:

1. Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
2. Answer the following questions below.
3. And pass the award to 10~12 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs and let them know you awarded them. 

My answers to the questions:

Favorite color?  blue, I know its usually considered a boy color, but I love the different shades, its calming effect, its coolness. It reminds me of the sky and the ocean, and always makes me smile.

Favorite animal?  hmmm, I am not sure. we have a mini farm with goats, chickens, ducks, and sheep. no dogs or cats, though we used to have a black lab- in-laws have taken her in, but no favorite. They are all so interesting and fun to watch. Its a good stress relief to sit on our porch and watch the animals grazing and the chickens wander the yard- even hearing the roosters crow in the morning.

Favorite number?   I know, typically considered unlucky- but 13 is my favorite number. I was actually born on Friday 13th in October. I love the number 13 and proving how lucky it really is.

Favorite drink?  I LOVE LOVE LOVE a glass bottle coke, 8oz to be specific, Or a fountain coke. Coca-cola, no other brand or imitation comes close to that original taste. And I Love my coffee, I need one cup a day to feel myself, Unless I have a glass or fountain coke. :-)

Facebook or Twitter? Facebook because I am familiar with it and have been on it a while. I am getting used to twitter and it is more helpful for the blog, but for personal I love Facebook, especially since most of my family and friends are spread throughout the country.

Your passion?  being creative! I have always enjoyed sewing, scrapbooking, crafting. I like copying projects or seeing something and imagining a way that I would do it myself. Thats how this blog came to be, most of my posts were sharing what I had done.

Giving or getting presents?  I love the giving. I Love finding the perfect thing for someone, or at least finding something they had not seen before and knowing they would like it.

Favorite day?  Sundays- we all get to sleep in some, bring the kids into bed to wake up daddy, church, extended family breakfast and lunch most days, and football or playing outside. somedays just being lazy together.

Favorite flowers?  The Calla Lilly- any color, or an Iris. They are both so unique and colorful!


Now I can share the love and nominate some of my favorite bloggers.  Here are some blogs that truly inspire me, check them out I am sure you will get inspired too!
 
 
My Little Life- a friend of mine who has a smaller blog, but so inspirational, and has great tutorials, go help grow her blog.
The Shabby Shack - my friend has cool ideas. we brainstorm and scout thrift together a lot. smaller blog- but great ideas.
 Looking for Isis
Forever's like a dream
The Rych Life
Mommy B Knows Best
Zen for you
Flying Kitten
Our Life Memories

Be sure to check out these great blogs. AND Thanks again for the award!

Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)