Wednesday, October 12, 2011

{Stool Re-cover}




I have had this stool in our bedroom, in the hallway, and several other places over the years. It now resides in our master bathroom as a place to lay clothes out or sit to put on shoes. There were 2 of these once. At my Granny's house. When our family closed out the house, I took one of them. I wish I had taken a before picture, but originally wasn't planning to blog about this. Don't ask me why.....I now try to photograph EVERYTHING I do. But I had done several projects this day and had some time that the kids were behaving and I felt well, so added this in at the last minute.




This was the original cover on the stool. I know many people probably love this style. It's not really my style, but it is sentimental because either my Mimi or her mom (Granny) made it. Which is why it stayed this way for a long time.

Now first- I flipped it upside down and unscrewed the stool from the legs. 
So I took pictures after it was off. This was the back side of it. There was a white fabric cover that I cut in an X to separate it.
Then I took a flat head screwdriver to get up under the staples where it was held onto the cushion of the stool. see below too. Its really very easy to do.
 The only thing left to do is to lay your fabric right side down on the floor, lay the cushion on top of it, cushion side down, and pull the fabric tight around the cushion and staple it to the cushion back. That's it. 

Add the leg frame back and screw it on, and Voila! DONE!
 I made this picture bigger to show you the pattern of the fabric. Its very fall-like to me, I think it works well with the cherry color of the legs.



Here is a better picture, the one from the top.



I am very excited with how this turned out. I had grabbed  this fabric from a thrift store for $1. It just looks a little more modern now, and fits our style more.




Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)