Monday, January 23, 2012

Making a Banner

So I wanted to make a banner to use for my son's birthday party. I knew with all the craft stuff I have around the house I could make one without any extra costs. So here goes my little step by step guide for making it.  


I started with different colors of paper. Primary colors that worked well with our tractor themed party. Basic  sized 8.5x11 size and cut them in half.


Then I took one top corner edge and lined it up, ballparked it, to create a bottom point on one side.


This is what it looked like after the first cut.


Then it was easy to line up the other top edge to the bottom point I created with my first cut. Can you see where they are lined up down the cut line?


This is what it looked like after that second cut. See how simple that part was! No template needed.


Here is a picture of a few more colors cut.


So, now how to connect them.....I knew pretty quick I wanted to use eyelets. So I broke out my eyelet stash and tools. I ended up deciding I needed to do the eyelets on the ends so I could string ribbon through it to hang.

So then I switched to brads for the middle connections.


You just push them through both layers of papers.....


Then flatten it...


I used the Stampin' Up brads since it is what I had.


And well, here is the result. I know it doesn't look like much here or very big, but let me show you how it looks hanging up behind his high chair. It is twice as long as the photo above.


What do you think? 

Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)