Friday, July 1, 2011

Peacocks.....

I Love Peacocks. I like the feathers people use to decorate with. I want to get one for our farm. I Just Love Love Love them. I lucked up to find one at a yard sale a few weeks ago for $1.

Isn't he handsome? but the colors are not what you think of when you think of royal blues, teals and purples of peacock feathers, Plus it doesn't go with ANY decor in my house. I wanted another bird for my mantle to balance the hen I painted, so I thought this would work perfect. Its about the same size. I grabbed the spray paint can I used to spray my frame and chicken that I used here.

Didn't he turn out so cute? Now you know why I am calling him a He, right? the hens-females, do not have the pretty decorative plumage that the males have. They are pretty plain and brown. It is the males that have the beautiful plumage to attract the females, and in case you didn't notice, that is why it is called the peacock...not the peahen.

 I am In LOVE with how sweet it is. The blue is so much prettier and even covers up the little chip it had in one of the tail feathers.


what do you think? not bad for $1, now I need to remember to post a picture of him sitting up on my mantle.

Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)