Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I am getting to enjoy my kids this week because I am working 2nd shift, and am lucky enough that hubby just switched to 2nd shift week too, so we are getting lots of good family time in. So, I am so thankful to my blog friends for kicking in a Guest Post so I can enjoy my time. Thank you So much Stephanie, who I met through blog hops and other social media blogsites, for jumping in and helping me out!

________________________________________________________________________________
Hi!  This is Stephanie from Always Just A Mom and I'm hear today to share with you all my mother's "Quick Fruit Cobbler"!  I like to make a homemade bake good at least once a week (the reason I'm on a constant diet!)  My two little guys and the hubs LOVE, LOVE, LOVE dessert and I like to make them.  Sometimes I don't have a lot of time and still want to get something yummy out...so I'm going to hand over my secret dessert weapon.
This is the easiest dessert you will make and works throughout the year...it's my go-to dessert because I usually have EVERYTHING I need to throw this together!!!
What you need:
     *2 Tbsp. Butter
     *2 cups fruit (I'm using blackberries because I got a great deal and they just looked soooo  yummy.)
     *1 1/4 cup flour
     *1 tsp. baking powder
     *1 cup sugar
     *1 cup milk
8x8 pan bake for 40-50 minutes at 325F
9x 13 pan (DOUBLE) bake for 60-70 minutes at 325F
1.  Melt butter in a pan while over is preheating.  Once it is melted add fruit (if there is liquid with your fruit...drain it.  I had my blackberries in the freezer and so when they melted there was a little liquid.)
 Mix your flour, baking powder and sugar.  Then add your milk.  Stir.  You will have a batter that looks like this:
Pour over your fruit.
Put this in the oven!
You will want to bake it until golden brown and bubbly.  I served this with whipped topping but when I make it with apples...I'm all about the vanilla ice cream!
Thanks for letting me share this awesome, super easy, delicious cobbler with you today!  Have a great summer and I hope to see you over at Always Just A Mom!

Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)