Thursday, February 16, 2012

{Friends Count}


Pin It
 
I think one thing we all know, learned early in fact, is how much we need friendship. That finding the right friend, fitting in, working through tough stuff with them is what makes life worthwhile.
 
I enjoy watching my daughter learn to make and keep friends. I sit back and let her talk through what she does and doesn't like about someone, and work it out. I would say my best friend is definitely a tie between my husband and my sister. They are the 2 people I call first for just about anything. My next BFF is not family- but she sure feels like it. We survived a sorta big fight, a lot of heartbreak, a move far away and back, and I am better for knowing her and her family. Her friendship through our various life changes, joys, and sorrows in spite of knowing what to say, how to act, and messing up, begging forgiveness has given me great hope. It has taught me to continue to be positive and encouraging to others that struggle with their friends. We never know what could have happened for someone to pull away from us. It could be us, could be them, could be something else entirely they just aren't able to talk about yet. But if the friendship really means something to you, you will continue to show the person that you are there for them, you care, and talk it out.
 
I have learned some friendships aren't meant to last. They are there for a season. We outgrow them, outgrow what they can teach us. I don't think this is a bad thing, it can be sad, but look back at the time together and smile and take what you learned from it and move forward. There is another friend out there that you need as much as you need them.
 


Well Build-A-Bear is celebrating!

~Celebrating a 15th Birthday
~Celebrating 100 million Best Friends made
~Celebrating Friendship


My daughter has a Build-a-Bear friend we made her on her first trip to the beach. She still has it and sleeps with it. I think it is a sweet thing to make a bear the way they do it, the stuffing, kissing and wishing on the heart you put in them, naming them. It is such a personal process.

I am not being compensated for this post. Just asked to share the information.

I hope you all have friends that you can count on, and if you have a little extra money and want to do something special- allowing your child to build a friend is definitely something to consider.
 
 
 

Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)