Thursday, December 1, 2011

{Another} Egg free, Dairy/Soy free cookie recipe

I know I just shared one yesterday, but I had found this one as well and tried it first last night. This was posted mostly for those that just liked to eat cookie dough, and really who doesn't. We used it as a base recipe and made sugar cookies- so more sugar was added, and then other additions as well (chocolate chips, coconut, etc). Then we baked some at 350 degrees, and watched them till they were the way we preferred them. sorry I don't like posting time because we did them in the toaster oven since we were playing. My times were shorter because I made smaller cookies and hubby made monster ones and likes them slightly gooey. SO, YMMV.

Here it is, with what I changed or tweaked:

  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup flour-as back up if too gooey
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (can be left out or reduced to just a pinch)
  • 1/2 cup margarine- we used Smart Balance made with olive oil.
  • 6 tablespoons granulated sugar- I added about a cup to make it really sugar cookie like
  • 6 tablespoons brown sugar- mine were HEAPING tablespoons HA
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

  1. Add all ingredients together in a bowl. It helps if you cream the margarine separately and then add it to the bowl to avoid spending a long time trying to smooth out pieces of margarine.
  2. Store in the fridge or freezer (not at room temperature or it will quickly spoil because it contains uncooked margarine). I did find that by putting it in the fridge for even 5 minutes it helped set up properly. It was very yummy to eat as the dough itself. The kids and I ate it watching Rudolph. Then decided to try to bake some. Again- Very yummy. 


    Hubby said this recipe was now a favorite and definitely a keeper. He felt Santa needed a lot of these cookies Christmas night. We added some chocolate chips and coconut to one cookie and it was amazing. So this gives you lots of options. I am glad it is something my son can eat and play with making holiday cookies and it won't matter if they eat the raw dough!!


    So hope you enjoy. We were just too excited not to share these results!

Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)