Here it is, with what I changed or tweaked:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup flour-as back up if too gooey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (can be left out or reduced to just a pinch)
- 1/2 cup margarine- we used Smart Balance made with olive oil.
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar- I added about a cup to make it really sugar cookie like
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar- mine were HEAPING tablespoons HA
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl. It helps if you cream the margarine separately and then add it to the bowl to avoid spending a long time trying to smooth out pieces of margarine.
- Store in the fridge or freezer (not at room temperature or it will quickly spoil because it contains uncooked margarine). I did find that by putting it in the fridge for even 5 minutes it helped set up properly. It was very yummy to eat as the dough itself. The kids and I ate it watching Rudolph. Then decided to try to bake some. Again- Very yummy.Hubby said this recipe was now a favorite and definitely a keeper. He felt Santa needed a lot of these cookies Christmas night. We added some chocolate chips and coconut to one cookie and it was amazing. So this gives you lots of options. I am glad it is something my son can eat and play with making holiday cookies and it won't matter if they eat the raw dough!!So hope you enjoy. We were just too excited not to share these results!