Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pinterest Challenge

I am not doing this along with any other blog's challenges but was urged to do it by seeing some. It is great to have so many wonderful tips and ideas on pinterest, but I need to use them. So, I did a quick easy one earlier this week.

The homemade hair detangler! My daughter has naturally curly hair, not really curly but enough that when she gets out of the tub/shower you have to use a detangler to brush it out, and you need it again in the morning when she wakes up. She also is only 4 and likes the smell of it, so I cannot buy the stuff and waste it like that. So I color my own hair many times, and always have leftover tubes of conditioner left from it. SO The recipe I used was 3/4 water and 1/4 conditioner. Well I just added it to the bottle, so its hard to eyeball that through a pink spray bottle, but I fill the water up almost to the top, and then squeezed conditioner in till it looked enough. I shook it up, and then we tried it on her hair. Perfect, though, be careful that you have a rug down in the bathroom- our floor got slick after using it.


I was not able to take pictures of it, doesn't really show up in the bottle. I guess I could have done it in a mixing bowl or something. If yours doesn't have any fragrance you could add something of your own.

This project did not cost me anything since I already had the spray bottle and conditioner, and used tap water. So this would be a super cheap way for you to make your own as well.

What I did do for you, is create a label you could use to put on your own spray bottle. I did several different colors and a couple different fonts. This is my first time creating my own labels and such so please bear with me, and feel free to share tips and tricks about creating documents!



Hair Detangler Label

Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)