Monday, May 28, 2012

{Making your own Chalkboard Labels}



 
These were actually very easy to make. I love the look of these labels and chalkboard in general. We have both the chalkboard paint in a can as well as the spray paint at our home, but for labeling things like our sugar and flour containers I didn’t want to paint something. The Martha Stewart labels are expensive for me to justify. The other thing I thought about doing was to cut out small wooden hang tags, drilling a hole with my Dremel, adding twine, and painting with chalkboard paint. That seemed labor intensive but I have the supplies to do it.


I was playing with Microsoft Publisher, but You could do this with any program that allows you to print labels. I chose a shipping label format that I already had on hand- Avery 5163. I then chose a shape to add, you can choose any that you want.


 I chose this one that I have seen around as a great shape for these labels.




Then if you get the outline to show up, right click til the paint can shows up, and chose the black color


 
And it looks like this now.


And really you are done at this point. That’s all there is to it. You can then go through printing. I suggest doing the print preview so you can see how it will look. It will take up a LOT of black ink, but It works and you can do it with supplies you already own.

  
This is what it looks like ready to print.

If you don’t have a program that can do this, or don’t want to bother, It is available for download for FREE here

You can adjust it a lot of different ways including adding the words and changing fonts……




Pin It

Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)