Thursday, May 24, 2012

{Laundry Room Lighting Update}


We had a boring, builder grade tiny light in the laundry room. I have been working on updating this room to be more functional for us as our main home entry. Everyone enters our home through this door most of the time and we need a spot to lay things down and find them again easily.

I meant to get a picture of the light by itself but hubby jumped on it quickly so I had to make-do with what I had- we don't stop the man when he decides to finish up or start on a project I want lol.
See just boring white small light fixture.

This is the light fixture we bought at Lowes for just under $100. This came with the Edison light bulb which I LOVE the look of right now.


This is the actual way the room looks when lit up. It has a different glow due to the Edison bulb. I like the way the fixture looks in the room. It just completes it more. Ignore the top of the cabinets- working on a plan for that- baskets maybe....
This is what the bulb looks like in the dark (aka without my flash) - a soft glow. Honestly it probably gives off less light than I would like for this dark room. We will change to another bulb soon though.

 
A closer shot of the fixture- I like the rustic, antique look of it.

And just for fun- a close-up of the Edison bulb. These things are expensive- not as much so as the LED bulbs, but I would not buy them regularly. It is fun for the time being, but we will switch to a regular CFL or other bulb soon.


Pin It

Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)