Friday, October 14, 2011

DIY cleaner

DIY Oxyclean type product.

I found this recipe for making your own oxyclean on Pinterest (feel like you have heard that name a lot lately).



These are the ingredients it used: Peroxide, Washing soda (I used baking soda), and Water.
Recipe is :
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup of peroxide
  • 1/2 cup of baking soda/washing soda.




I used the only spray bottle I had around, but read you should keep it in a dark bottle because the light deactivates the peroxide. I also noticed that the baking soda can get clumped in the spray nozzle sometimes. Shake it well before use. I am going to switch to one of the oxyclean bottles I have, or another cleaning bottle like shout or something.


I washed several items that I used this on and soaked it for at least 20 minutes, including set-in stains ( like months old), and dirty cloth diapers. Everything came out nice and clean and smelling fresh.

I also read that if you have grease stains, like from my hubbys work, you can use Dawn liquid to take it out......something else worth noting.


What homemade products do you make and use? What tips do you have for using products in usual ways?


Deals:

(clicking links helps fund this blog)